The Internet is one way which is keeping us distant from other people during this lockdown due to coronavirus outbreak. But the mobile data is limited and you have to use it wisely to make it last longer. Here we have a bunch of tricks which will help you save your data on your phone to enjoy it for longer.
Disable Auto-update apps
Google Play store auto-update some useful apps sometimes without telling you. Now, it does not even notify you of the notification bar. This consumes a lot of mobile data which Auto-update apps. You can turn off this option in the Google Play Store so it won’t consume your data by updating apps every time.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Go to Settings > Auto-update apps.
- Select Don’t update apps from here.
You can turn this feature back on from the Google Play Store once your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Enable Data Saver
Android has a feature to enable data saver on your phone to save a lot of data when your phone is in sleep mode. Once you enable the data save on your phone, it won’t let all the apps to use the data in the background and even in the sleep mode.
- Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Data Saver.
- Here you can enable this feature using the toggle.
- You can also select the apps which can use the data in the background even after the Data saver in on.
This feature only le the apps you chose to use the mobile data in the background. It completely disables the mobile data for other apps when the phone is in sleep mode.
Also Read: Tips to Reduce YouTube Data Usage on Mobile & PC
Android has a feature to automatically sync some of your information on the Googe cloud so it can be used again during device migration. This feature uses data to check if there is anything on your phone which needs to be synced to the cloud. Some other apps also use this feature to keep itself updated with your account.
- Go to Settings > Accounts.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and disable Automatically sync data.
- You can also disable this from the quick settings toggle in the notification bar.
This feature will save a lot of data when our phone is using mobile data. You can turn this feature back on, once your phone is connected to the Wifi.
Save data from YouTube
If you watch a lot of YouTube videos then your data will get consumed very fast. YouTube app has a feature to limit your data usage and save your data.
- Open the YouTube app and go to Settings.
- Tap on General and disable the Limit Mobile Data Usage toggle.
- This will disable your phone to play the video in HD when you are using mobile data.
Once you are connected to an unlimited network, you can turn this feature back off to enjoy HD videos.
Also Read: How To Save Mobile Data While Watching Youtube Offline
These were the tips and tricks which will help you to save a lot of data on your phone so you can enjoy your data for longer. If you know any other trick then tell us in the comments and we will add it in our list later.
The post How to Save Mobile Data on Your Android Smartphone appeared first on Gadgets To Use.